Friday, April 5, 2013

Eight Weeks

“You’ve got to think about the big things while you’re doing the small things, so that all the small things go in the right direction.”
Alvin Toffer
 
The above quote reminds me that all of the small things we've done this school year are adding up to a big thing - the completion of another successful homeschool year. And that's unequivocally no small feat, as any homeschooler will tell you.  For me, it's hard to believe that we only have eight weeks of school remaining.  A lot can happen in eight weeks.  Or not happen.  It can be a veritable lifetime.  But when you start out on day one looking at a 36-week plan, getting down to eight makes it look like a very small amount of time.  It also means that many small bits -  2- or 6- or 8-week sections of the academic year - have been accomplished.  When I think about the books read, pictures drawn, sculptures created, reports written, power point presentations given ... I'm amazed at my children.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in the last 8 weeks. Hopefully we'll keep heading in "the right direction." 

No comments:

Post a Comment