Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A la Mary Cassatt

When I saw this lesson on Meet the Masters, I was horrified. I thought, "Could there be a more boring art assignment? How overly simplistic!" 

I was wrong. 

The finished products here are only part of the story and do not really do justice to the concepts learned. I wish I had had my camera rolling during the plaid explosion that occurred before these creations.  The girls and I took oil pastels and scrap paper and went to town creating all different sorts of plaid patterns.  We used all different types of strokes to create the different textures.  In fact, we took so much time on the exploration part of the lesson that we were rushed to finish our profiles.  Sigh.  But we had a lot of fun, and I'm still trying to figure out a "big girl" art project in which I can incorporate some of this plaid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment