Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Terrific Tees

My middle girls and I discussed the "3 R's" (reduce, reuse, recycle) as part of their unit on interdependence in science. They designed t-shirts to spread the message of the 3 R's. They came up with unique ideas for the pictures on the back - one daughter drew a new purse, which would cost money, and then drew an old pair of jeans being turned into a purse to display the idea of reusing. The other drew examples of appropriate ways to recycle or reuse various items.

While all of this was happening, my youngest decided she, too, wanted to create a t-shirt. She has been enjoying several silly poems out of My Dog Does My Homework, so I suggested she choose one of her favorites and make a poem shirt. She was thrilled. She copied the poem (A Vegetarian Poem) on the back and then drew the different items listed in the poem on the front. They are all very excited to wear their shirts tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I apologize about the formatting - I simply could not get it to post correctly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just followed you over here from another blog. I love the t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete