Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Learning with Power Point

I know - I haven't posted in forever. Things have been extremely busy! Plus we were out of town for a good chunk of October... But I'm back.

Today, my 9-year-old (well, she'll be 10 next week), wanted to create a poster to demonstrate things she has learned about renewable energy. We're big on posters over here - there's something satisfactory about seeing information on a poster that really works. But today, I encouraged her to try making a "poster" using the computer. I am very Power Point illiterate, so she did this by trial-and-error with a few tips from her 11-year-old sister.  I have tried to convert it from Power Point to the Google docs version so some of the elements have changed, but here is (basically) what she came up with (I think it's pretty good for a first try!):

Renewable Energy Presentation

My 8-year-old is currently working on an old-fashioned poster on the same topic. It will be interesting to compare how they turn out.

1 comment: