Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Not-Back-to-School 2011

Not-Back-to-School 2011
Last Year! 9/2010
Yesterday was our first day back! It was a great day, and the only downside was that the weather was gray and rainy. We usually take our picture in front of the front garden, but the weather did not cooperate so our photo is in the kitchen. Comparing this year to last year, I can really see how much everyone has changed! Despite the rain, we did try to take our morning walk (I thought there was a clearing in the clouds) but we were drenched just walking to the end our driveway. The neighbors must have thought we were crazy - we got all geared up (boots, slickers, etc.) to walk to the end of the driveway and around the cul-de-sac before heading back into the house.  This morning was overcast but we managed to sneak in a quick walk during our usual snack time. I'm glad to be back into a routine and so are the kids. They've been looking forward to this all summer long!

Neck and Neck! (younger on left)
We also decided to chronicle my third daughter's climb to overtake her older sister in height. My second is the tiny one in our family in terms of height. The tallest she's ever measured was in the 50th percentile, and it's been below that for the past the few years. My third daughter is tall for her age and is gaining on her sister. As of yesterday, I believe the older sister is ahead by about one hair. The girls wanted a photo journal of the little sister's progress. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm chiming in late on this one, but wow - how they've grown! It always amazes me how mcuh kids grow and change in a single year. They're beautiful!
    ~h

    ReplyDelete