Monday, August 1, 2011

WANTED: Motivation

It's that time of year again! Time to look at what I've got, figure out what I still need to get, and get organized. I know what works for me - breaking everything into weekly "chunks" and organizing by the week. I know what I have to do. I even have the house to myself for a few hours each day (Grandpa generously paid for sailing camp for the four girls so they will be there four days a week for the next two weeks).

But I'm lacking motivation.

This happens to me every summer, so I'm not surprised. Today I allowed myself to take a much need break. I watched a movie (highly recommend it: Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead), went to a book club discussion, and ate my favorite snack (carrots and hummus). It was lovely. I'm even skipping my regular exercise class tonight in an effort to totally soak up the laziness of the day.

So what does this mean?

Tomorrow: reality check! I need to get moving and find some motivation. I keep hearing the Marine Corps running chant in my head. It goes, "Get motivated; be dedicated!" Maybe if I keep that phrase running in my head over and over tonight, I'll wake up raring to go tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you can find the motivation you need (but there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying some you-time!)

    ReplyDelete