Thursday, June 2, 2011

This Week (warning: may contain words and/or phrases that sound like self-pity)

This has been a tough week on so many levels.  From small things (internet service going in and out - hence lack of posting to/reading blogs) to bigger things (my Grandmother is in the hospital) it seems like this week has conspired against me. Today especially was "not good." I woke up feeling off, had a bad morning with my work and things not going right, my husband didn't get up to give the kids breakfast while I was working so I was constantly interrupted (I forgive him - he got home in the wee hours of the morning as it's Month-End), found, when I came to make breakfast, that my youngest (though not so young that she doesn't know better) had dumped salt - purposefully - on the kitchen floor (why? we don't know), and blah blah blah... the day went on to go get worse from there, with things like: the same daughter taking a permanent marker to my piano, being stood-up and thereby made late to our (expensive) music lessons, and being stuck in construction traffic so bad that a 10 minute ride took 40 minutes, and generally failing to be a good parent today as I felt tired, cranky, and overextended ...

I should stop. I clearly need to vent my annoyance and I'm sure this is not the place as my problems are not about homeschooling. And naturally there is, as there typically is, much more going on than the small grievance of spilled salt and missed piano lessons. I guess it's just "one of those weeks." I sort of feel like Alexander except that it's been a horrible, no good, very bad week.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I am so sorry to hear that your week has not gone well. It sounds like one of those "everything all at once" sort of weeks. Had a "fail" moment myself yesterday that just ended the day on a bad note, and woke up this morning going, "Oh, good morning fail-self." So I can sympathize and empathize.

    Hopefully today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not complain? Homeschool parents have bad days and weeks too. I hope things get better for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Hope next week is way better!

    ReplyDelete