Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sort and Release

As I sort through countless books, I wonder at the weightlessness that accompanies a good purging of material things. I am a certifiable, verifiable bibliophile, yet even I enjoy gaining shelf space and losing the weight of books that will no longer be needed or used in our home.  I'm not ready to rid our home of all books - or even, in reality, all that high of a percentage of books. However, the books we have released from captivity set my soul free. There are 6 large boxes full of books going to new homes. I feel like I can breathe when I look in the schoolroom, now.

3 comments:

  1. I love to get rid of stuff! But my family hates it. My daughter even hates to get rid of her age when her birthday roles around. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I couldn't find a link to contact you. This isn't necessarily why I'm writing this, but I loved this post--my wife is exactly like this, and she is constantly tossing stuff. Anyhow, my name is Derrick Hibbard and I'm the author of a book on establishing good habits for college students, called College Fast Track. (And, incidentally, I was homeschooled as a child--though not the entire time) This book would be a great resource for homeschooling kids as a resource in preparing for college and I was wondering if you would be interesting in reviewing the book on your blog. If that is okay, I can have my publisher send you a copy (either a physical book or a kindle edition, whichever you prefer). Just email me at derrick (dot) hibbard (at) gmail (dot) com.

    Thanks,
    Derrick Hibbard

    ReplyDelete