Monday, June 6, 2011

Memory Loss

It's happened - I've lost memory. Not my personal memory... but almost. My main work computer has seriously crashed and everything on it may be - well, in all likelihood as we've been told - is lost. It could be worse.  It could be the main HOUSE computer with all our family photos, financial documents, etc., but of course, we have an external hard drive on that. I never got around to getting one for the main school computer, and now all of the things I've purchased over the years - lapbooks, eBooks, clip art, technology programs, games, etc., etc., etc.,; the Teaching Textbooks grades and work for the entire year; all saved photos of school work, art work, science projects; all of my "real" work invoices and client contracts; all of the kids' essays and stories; all of our made-up games and forays into graphic arts ... in short, a huge chunk of the product of our lives, is lost.

And although life goes on an no actual lives are lost, I feel grieved at the loss.

1 comment:

  1. OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That's pretty devastating and I know how it can be. :/ You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete