Monday, May 23, 2011

We're Back!

View of the girls along the water at sunset - taken from our campsite
At a trail head (by the copperhead)
Pirate Treasure Hunt
What a week!! We are back after our journey all around the state. My husband and I were reflecting last night on what an amazing week we had... We visited the State Capitol, hiked along a Native American trail and tried our hand at a Native American childrens' game, built our own miniature raft, visited the wild ponies at Assateague Island, kayaked the waterways of the Chesapeake Bay, visited an old tobacco plantation, enjoyed letter-boxing all over a State Forest, tried our hand (fairly successfully!) at Trail Orienteering, enjoyed a family game of disc golf, hiked a few miles on the Appalachian Trail to a natural spring and thru-hiker rest spot, learned so much at an aviary and reptile house, spotted a copperhead snake, and visited a living history village where we talked to reenactors about life in our state at the time of the Revolution. Phew - what a week! We are incredibly thankful to live a state that puts on such a great Parks program - we had a wonderful trip, and while it's good to be, we wouldn't trade the time away for the world.



3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful trip - you saw so many things! Oh, I miss the Chesapeake. Hope you said "hi" to it for me. ;) Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaecey! I haven't read your blog in ages and I just caught up tonight. Now I am way too tired to write anything eloquent but I just wanted to say that I really think you are amazing and you inspire me in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Libby! :)
    Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete