Monday, March 21, 2011

Special Commendation

DD10 with DEMS personnel
I'm so proud to share that my oldest daughter (DD10) received a special commendation from our Department of Emergency Services today. Last summer I was driving home from a Junior Rangers award banquet when I was struck with incredible stomach pain - the absolute worst pain I've ever experienced. I managed to get the car off the road, but that was about as useful I as proved to be. My oldest daughter stayed as calm as she could and called 911. She was able to provide the information they needed to send an ambulance and officers to our location. Today they honored her with a special ceremony, certificate, and a tour of the facilities. She is nominated for a state-wide commendation ceremony that takes place in May. We are so proud of her!

1 comment:

  1. How brave of her! It is difficult to stay cool-headed in a stressful or scary situation. She definitely deserves the recognition. Congratulations to her!

    ReplyDelete