Friday, March 11, 2011

Klee II


We are on our second week studying Klee and his expressionist/abstract art. These Klee-inspired pieces of art were created by using a sharpie and drawing anything the girls wanted to without lifting the pen. After they were done creating the image, they colored in the pictures using crayons. Very simple, but challenging for the little ones to figure out how to make the image they want without lifting up the pen. And tough for some to accept imperfections in the pictures as a result. If I were to do this project again, I think instead of crayon I would use a variety of paints with different textures and instead of working on a small scale, I would use a larger canvas. I think the girls would have enjoyed the process of filling in the different parts of the pictures with different paints and textures. But on the plus side - this was simple and quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment