Friday, March 4, 2011

All in My Head

By DD7
By DD9
By DD10
 These art creations are inspired by Swiss-German artist Paul Klee's Head of a Man Going Senile and were perfect for the way my head is feeling this week! Specifically, I used the guidelines in Discovering Great Artists and the website Art Projects for Kids. We traced a small plate to create the circle for the head, drew lines with a ruler, and colored it in using oil pastels. We read a brief biography on Klee and discussed his connection to Kandinsky (who has served as previous inspiration). My youngest daughter has not completed her head yet as she went out with Nana today, but I know she is excited to do so. We will continue our study of the Expressionist artist next week with an abstract line drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment