Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day - Now What?

If you're like me, you may have a solid "base" curriculum, but when it comes to holidays and special days you find yourself scrambling at the last minute to find a great way to educate your children about these important and/or fun dates and people.  Or maybe you're not like me, and you are savvy enough to plan ahead - and in that case, I am completely impressed with your stellar planning abilities!  Either way, you might find a free resource, or two, helpful.

Today and is Groundhog Day, and I just watched the spectacle of Punxsutawney Phil and his (man)handlers (seriously, this is a **strange** tradition). At least he didn't see his shadow. Every year my kids are super-excited about Groundhog Day, and every year they ask me a ton of questions about it - and naturally I can't remember the answers from the year before. We do have two books about Groundhog's Day, and while the kids enjoy them, they always want to learn more.

The following resources are free and can be used for Groundhog Day (and other holidays if you navigate back to their home pages):
Happy Groundhog Day, and go spring!

1 comment: