Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, Monday...

It is Monday and the start of our homeschool's Week Five. I have to admit, after having last week off it was a bit of a rough start. For me. The kids seemed to transition back without a problem. My alarm went off at 5am, but I did not. I missed my morning workout. On Sunday evening I was so tired from our busy weekend that I neglected to get the girls' papers for the week in order. So after I finally got myself up at 6:30, I had to spend a half an hour putting together weekly binders and gathering required books. I usually get the kids up (if they aren't already) at 6:30, but today I let them sleep in. We didn't go on our morning walk. We ate a late breakfast and didn't get started with school work until after 9am.

The kids didn't seem to mind any of it (except missing the morning walk). But I have felt "off" all day. I can't believe the day is gone and it's almost time to leave for swim team. I wanted to start the biography for our new composer (Sousa, in case you're interested) but we ran out of time. I also wanted to start our art project for the week, but that didn't happen.

I feel so behind and it's only Monday.

I guess this means tomorrow will be a better day. Or at least... it means I will not hit "snooze" - I will get up when my alarm sounds (maybe if I write it I will feel obligated to make sure I actually follow through). I firmly believe that very rarely does any good come from sleeping in on a busy day. Rarely, not never - today one good thing did come of it - although I felt behind, the kids were oblivious to this, did their work, had fun, and overall  had a good day. Would this have happened if I woke them up at 6:30? Maybe, but I'm telling myself, "No way."

3 comments:

  1. Bleargh. Transitions. Mondays.

    I suppose offering to hand you a cup of apathy would *not* be helpful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got a better start today. I know the feeling all too well unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete