Friday, October 15, 2010

Farewell Furlough



It's the last day of our planned furlough (I just love that word - it sounds so much better than "week off"). I am so pleased that I planned our year differently. After four weeks of going strong with homeschooling a break was just what we all needed. I suppose this is the homeschooling version of the working person's "mental health day."

My husband and I took advantage of Monday's bank holiday to go backpacking, which means that the kids had some quality time with Nana and Grandpa. They went to the state boat show and had a brief sailing lesson, they were still able to attend their regular classes and activities, but had the rest of the time off to play in the woods next to my parents' house and enjoy the warm October weather.

As the week comes to an end, I can't help but wish that another furlough week were around the corner. Technically, our next break is the week of Thanksgiving, but as anyone with children and house guests knows - that week definitely does NOT qualify as a break!  So farewell, Furlough! You've been great! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice, much needed break! I love have shorter but more frequent breaks, definitely good for recharging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Amy from CurrClick.com. We wanted to see if you wanted to host a contest on your blog. Can you contact me at amy@currclick.com.

    ReplyDelete