Monday, August 2, 2010

Terrible Time-Outs

I decided to take a time-out from homeschool planning and purchasing today (after I already purchased a foreign language program and a technology program, courtesy of the deep discounts at Homeschool Buyer's Co-op - I don't usually suggest hurrying to buy something, but if you're considering Tell Me More, the deal, which is now more than 50% off, expires today) - mostly to save my checkbook and the inevitable ensuing arguments from escalating purchases - and watch a movie. Normally I don't watch movies during the week, and never during the middle of the day, but hey, I'm supposed to be taking it easy and recovering so I'm allowed. Unfortunately, I've had a bad run of post-op movies. My husband's technique in picking them out involved taking the first three off of the first shelf he came to. They were all terrible. Then today a friend dropped by and gave me a movie from Redbox - Chloe. Another flop, though I totally appreciated the movie! At least it was made recently, unlike the movies from my husband.  I feel like I've totally wasted my time-outs lately. Sigh.

I guess the lesson here is that instead of researching homeschool products, I should be researching film reviews so that my next three time-outs involve better movies.

1 comment:

  1. Finally saw some good films...
    >Sophie's Choice
    >The Visitor
    >The Secret Life of Bees

    ReplyDelete