Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Procrastinating....

I've been procrastinating. Instead of finishing my planning, I took an hour break this afternoon and made a homeschool crest. Lately, I've seen many creative homeschoolers demonstrating their computer graphics ability. I've never had a strong desire to have a homeschool crest, name or motto, but I showed them to my children and they were so excited about the idea that I decided to make one.  Several people either gave me directions personally or posted them on blogs or message boards. Being tech-challenged, despite the explicit instructions I couldn't manage to make it work. I had to do it the old-fashioned way, but I am relatively happy with result.

8 comments:

  1. This is great, and I especially like the owls, since they are a a symbol of Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! That's why I picked 'em. =) I figured girls, wisdom... it goes. It was actually fun to do, despite my lack of skills. My crew is thrilled to have a crest (whereas my husband is laughing his head off at me). Next they'll be picking out uniforms. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I especially love your motto. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a homeschool crest! That's so cool!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, PinkPB! I hadn't seen too many of them, and then this year they seem to be everywhere. Even my sister (a public school teacher) has one for her class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are huge owl fans in this house. Love the crest, QB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Fiddler! I added it to the blank weekly assignment sheets I use for the girls and they were so excited. It's really very cute that they love it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete