Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Balancing Act

Sometimes I feel like I'm part of an enormous balancing act - I'm always trying to keep things in check, make sure that needs are met equally, money divided fairly, time issued evenly. Sometimes this is impossible. A child has particular needs that warrant more time or more money. We have an expense that take more of our money than we would like. There is an issue that steals away precious minutes, or even hours, from my day. When I feel the scales sliding, my usual reaction is to act, to be proactive, to do something. It is very hard for me when what is required is non-action, rest, or passivity.

I believe I have reached a moment when what is required is peace and acceptance. Hopefully I have the strength to accept this fact with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment