Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Cleaning...

... bites this year. Usually I love cleaning and organizing (I know, I'm weird) but not today. I feel overwhelmed by the number of unfinished projects in our home (projects I did not start and cannot finish because they involve framing walls and installing electricity and don't seem to be going anywhere as the "project starter" is busy at work... I'm not bitter). I feel overwhelmed by the amount of homeschool-related paperwork and books I've accumulated over the years and want to re-organize everything. I'm aggravated by the amount of pollen that keeps building up on furniture just after I dust (I suppose I could keep the windows closed but then we'd be without the fresh air!).

I think I'm just having a bad day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and have felt stuck in a quagmire of cleaning and organizing all day. My plan was to spend most of my day sorting through homeschool stuff, and instead I ended up cleaning out and organizing the laundry room (which is teeny tiny so one has to wonder how it could have taken so much time). I guess I can have a bad day now and then, but I don't have to like it.

I am trying very hard to be cheerful about the fact that my laundry room is now functional, but like I said, I think I'm just having a bad day. Call me Alexander. Everything seems to be a mess today. Which I suppose means tomorrow will be better... (repeating this over and over to myself so that it will be true).

No comments:

Post a Comment