Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh my goodness....

That's right... I have a blog. I had forgotten!

To be honest, I don't spend much time on the computer. Or the phone (especially my cell phone). I don't text. I don't have anything that begins with the letter "i" (as in iPhone, iTouch, iPod - though I did have an iPod before I washed it along with my workout clothes). I find keeping up with things via the internet challenging. My inbox is usually at about 100 unread messages. I am an infrequent Facebook user (I do try to check in). I never have luck on internet message boards because I forget about them for months at a time. So having a blog is a major challenge for me. That being said, I'm back.

We are in our 17th week of homeschooling. It's off to a rocky start. Yesterday was a work holiday for my husband, so the girls spent time with him and I grabbed to opportunity to go to my gainful employment (it's not particularly gainful, nor is it interesting, but it does provide much needed cash so my philosophy is grab at it!). That means today is our Monday, and of course it wouldn't be a Monday without problems - for example, a right-smack-dab-in-the-middle-of-my-day doctor's appointment. That ran an hour late. Oh well - the next three days will be full of lots of fun learning! Here's a peek at a few of the things we're doing this week:

  • Martin Luther King, Jr. & Social Justice mini-unit
  • Chemistry fun, including smelly science and taste-testing (I'm scared!)
  • Ancient Greek gods (continued) and the painting of a Grecian urn
  • Early-modern Prussia & Germany
  • Reading aloud several great literature selections, including Big Momma Makes the World and Black Beauty
  • Chalk drawings and working with pastels
  • Swim practice, music lessons, 4th grade book club, a trip to the science center, and sleeping over at Nana and Grandpa's because Mom and Dad are going out!

No comments:

Post a Comment