Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ironically...

Not 30 minutes after posting about our history lessons, I received a very detailed email regarding the inscription Laus Deo on the top of the Washington Monument, other Christian inscriptions found all around government buildings, and the role of the "true Father" of America, which, according to the writer of the email, clearly demonstrate the "true" and "accurate" purpose of our country: that it is obviously and divinely determined that "we" are a Christian nation and should educate people (here and abroad) on this truth.

I have been having a hard time finding sources that sell or give away this sort of information. It's so hard to find male-dominated, Christian-dominated, evangelical stuff these days! I appreciate the effort to get me back on track. Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, I'm a stubborn little heathen and won't listen.

2 comments:

  1. LOL

    I once told my MIL that many of our famous founding fathers were Deists, to which she responded, "They prayed, so they were Christian!"

    I just walked away thinking, "Ohhhkkaaaaaay..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I just had a conversation on Deism - I'm going to have to share that line! =)

    ReplyDelete