Thursday, September 17, 2009

Precious Moments

I love when something happens with your child that brings a huge grin to your face. My 6-year old daughter was reading in bed and I went to tuck her in, turn out the light, etc. Normally when I come in she immediately starts talking to me in her quiet way, puts aside whatever she is doing, and reaches for a hug. But this time, she glanced up at me and quickly looked back at her book (Grasshopper Goes for a Walk by Arnold Lobel). I could see her eyes were shining and she was smiling to herself.

I decided to let her read for a minute more so I turned to leave the room. She then looked back up at me and said in the most excited voice imaginable, "Mommy, this is absolutely the BEST book I have ever read!! Have you READ this? You've GOT to read this!! It's amazing!" Her little feet were kicking excitedly under the covers and she was just overflowing with happiness.

Naturally, I took her advice and sat down to read the book (for the fifth time) immediately. With a review like that, how could I not?

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely a great review :) I might have to go read it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That is precious. I love it when a child is so happily wrapped up in something like that. So glad she enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete