Sunday, September 13, 2009

Officially back in the game

And just like that, we're back. Back from the beach; back from a break; back to school work (come tomorrow morning). And perhaps most importantly... ahhh... back to my own bed. I love coming home almost more than I like getting away.

The girls read so many wonderful books at the beach. And they discussed and compared different selections (which was precious). I read several good books and a couple that were simply so-so. And most amazingly, my husband read a novel. This truly is amazing because the last time he read a novel I think it took him one year to go cover to cover. It could have been two years. He typically reads one of the three of his computer screens, repair manuals, and banking documents. This was a real moment for him - he read the entire book in just a few days. And significant because it means he wasn't working during those hours! Yes - relaxing on vacation can happen!

Sadly, our homecoming was bittersweet because we no sooner arrived than we had to take my husband to the train station. He left on a business trip to India and will be gone for two weeks.

I guess that means only some of us are officially back.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a very relaxing time at the beach. The coming home part is very nice, I have to agree.

    Wishing your husband safe travels during his trip!

    ReplyDelete