Thursday, September 3, 2009

Brain Games

I watched an interesting DVD last night on the brain. Specifically children's brains. While much of what I saw was not new to me, there were bits and pieces in the program that made me think. In fact, they worked their way into my slumber and filled my dreams with confusing yet interesting images. The bottom line is that I learned something. Something that stuck with me and forced me to think of things in a new way, with a new framework even in my sleep.

The feeling that my mind was being pushed and stretched reminded me of something I'd read once so this morning I looked it up...

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

2 comments:

  1. It was a PBS dvd from one of their science programs ... I returned it this morning and of course I can't remember the full name. But it was from the people at PBS. I had seen part of it when it actually aired and then was rummaging through the bin at the library when I saw it. Next time I'm there I'll get the full name.

    ReplyDelete